Friday, April 17, 2015

Garden Bench made form 2 Metal Chairs and 1 Metal Head Board.

After Months of having this project welded and set install the Garden Bench made form 2 Metal Chairs and 1 Metal Head Board is finally finished and out there for sale. 
It took the nice sunny day to get me inspired to finish it before going to work. The Bench pieces come form different places. The Metal Chairs come from a customers back alley that he had thrown away and the grass was just about covering them.
The Head Board came from another customer who saw this alongside someones garage in the alley too. So put two and one together with a seat that was just sealed natural Cedar and you have a bench for the Garden or front porch.
Under the Seat is a rack for shoes or magazines.
                                    


11 comments:

  1. This is the best repurposed bench I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Anne,
      It was fun to make and hard to let go.... :>)

      Delete
  2. Love it!
    How did you attach the bedrail?
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I welded it Jennifer thanks for asking.

      Delete
  3. Greg this is just wonderful. I got lost looking at all of your creations but this one is my favourite so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Purfylle,
      Thanks for coming to my blog site and leaving a comment about this.
      I'm really not a good blogger but I am learning.
      Thanks again,
      Greg

      Delete
  4. This is just beautiful! I am envious of the buyer of this! I'm still reading your blog and loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeri,
      I'm happy you like it. I just want to inspire others to re-purpose.

      Delete
  5. This is just beautiful! I am envious of the buyer of this! I'm still reading your blog and loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have in mind to attach 3 metal ice cream parlor chairs, make a bench out of outside wood and put broken ceramic plates as a mosaic on the wood. Any suggestions on how to really accomplish this???? I am worried about how to attach them together and how to make the bench:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really a hard one. Every creation is different. I like your idea of ceramic on the wood. But more that likely you will need to weld the chairs together if they are metal if not and they are wood chairs then that is a plus when turning them into a bench. Good luck on your project. Above all have fun doing it. Greg

      Delete