Sunday, June 14, 2015

50's Round Table leg Re-use.

Today I took a 50's Round Table that had the Metal Legs and gave them a new leg Re-use.
From a Round to a Square table made from a hand made cedar door that was rescued from going to the wood shredder at the dump.
This 50's Round Formica table was on it's way to the dump.
I like the 50's style of the metal legs and the attachment of the hardware they used for these tables.
Easy to install and easy to re-use on something else. Like a 50's hand made cedar storage door that was going to the shredder at the dump.
So now just install the hardware on the back of the cedar door and Wa-La ...

Now just install the legs and leg braces and it will be able to set up and be a useful door and a table at the same time. I installed some trim around the edges and painted it red for some visual contrast. It could get painted again pending on the finished look I want to see.
A QUICK VIDEO

video

4 comments:

  1. This is a very resourceful repurposing project. I love seeing things that are about to be tossed be reworked into something useful. The table looks great. I'm visiting from 2 Uses Tuesday Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly for checking out my re-purpose of this hardware from the 50's round table. My hope is that it may have inspired you in some way for the future.
      You are appreciated,
      Greg

      Delete
  2. your blog Provides things are helps me to find my detail. your blog is very good for me please keep it up.I like it
    Visit :- Table Leg Styles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anderson for your kind words.
      I plan to continue as time goes on.

      Delete